View Single Post
Old March 5, 2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Sevens

I'm only guessing here, but I think your best bet would be to find some surplus tracer ammo in 5.56 and pull the bullets and use them in your own .22-250 rounds. I've not ever seen tracer bullets for sale.

Again, I'm not any kind of an expert... but it seems to me that tracer rounds are basically white-hot burning phosphorus at the base of the bullet. So first question I'd ask is, "Is this something I want going down the barrel of my rifle?" Could be that they are completely safe in firearms, but I don't know. I would imagine you could start some kind of brush fire with them if you shot it in the wrong place. And you probably wouldn't be able to see them very well during the day... and you'd have to live quite a long way from anywhere to do a bunch of rifle shooting in the middle of the darkness.

Page generated in 0.03523 seconds with 8 queries