View Single Post
Old September 2, 2000, 10:22 PM   #11
ronploude

I was facing the same decission a few months ago. Like you, I checked reloading reviews online and talked with other reloaders. With few exceptions, I was advised to get a Dillon 550 or 650. Just as I was about ready to make the plunge, RCBS came out with their RCBS 2000. I couldn't find anything writen about it but the features, especially the APS strip priming, looked good. Having used an RCBS Rockchucker for 25 years, I am a little partial to RCBS. The press has been extreemly dependable and RCBS has never failed to give me excellent customer service and advice when ever I've called on them for it.

There was a problem with the APS strip loader mechanism binding after I finished setting up the press. RCBS sent me a new APS mechanism FedX overnight. After replacement, the strip feeder works like a charm. No longer do I have to load the primer tubes and never know how many primers are left in the tube. The new stips let you see precisly how many primers remain. New strips attach to the former strip and create a continuous primer feed system without interuption. Reloading with the RCBS 2000 goes so fast and easy that you find yourself with regret when you run out of brass to reload.

As you can tell, I am very happy with the RCBS 2000. It comes with every thing you need to begin reloading except the dies and the shell plate for your favorite cartrige. If you compare the prices of extra shell plates, dies, and die holders to Dillon, you'll find that the RCBS 2000 is not only as good as the Dillon 550, actually better due to the APS primer system, but it is also a little cheaper. In addition, RCBS's support for their products is legendary.

Page generated in 0.03549 seconds with 8 queries