View Single Post
Old August 21, 2000, 09:34 PM   #6
jthuang

Guyon,

The reason I say order via their web site is because Botach has been known to frequently mess up orders in the past.

You order a holster for your HK USP and you get a holster for a Glock 23. You call in your order and sometimes they don't bother to tell you that items are backordered and you sit for eight weeks wondering when your holster will arrive. Sometimes they just flat lose your order.

Check out bizrate.com -- Botach has excellent ratings for everything except for one category (customer service). The point to remember here is that with Botach, you want them to get the order right the first time, otherwise you may be in for a world of hassle (do a search here or on Glocktalk and you'll see what I mean).

I was wary of ordering from Botach until a buddy taught me the above trick. By calling first to make sure your item is in stock, I'd say you solve 90% of the problems with Botach. But by placing the order via their web site, they've got it nice and clear exactly what you want -- it's not somebody writing it down over the phone. Not only that, since Botach's shopping service is through yahoo.com, you get a nice record of your order (unlike a simple phone call) and a UPS tracking number to boot.

I'm 6/6 ordering from Botach. It's a risk, but IMHO sometimes their prices are worth it.

I have never ordered something from Botach when the item has been out of stock, so I don't know. Did you place the order for the Galco holster anyway? I tend to follow my buddy's rule that "if they don't have it in stock, don't order it". If the order has been placed, by all means call them occasionally to see how the order is progressing but don't be surprised if you can't get through (you hit voicemail all the time) or you don't get return calls, etc.

In any event, you made a good choice with the 6Z and I hope things work out for you. Yes, we are in Chester county -- I can't believe someone from the deep south knows my hometown but hey we do have our famous mushroom museum, right?

Justin

Page generated in 0.02222 seconds with 8 queries