View Single Post
Old February 25, 2020, 09:50 AM   #17
Erno86

I enjoy shooting steel targets with my CZ 527, chambered in 7.62x39. It's a handy little (mild recoiling) carbine, and I wanna take it deer huntin' with me in the near future. I also have a VORTEX variable scope mounted on it, that fit's with no need to take the V rear leaf iron sight off.

The earlier ones came with more beautiful Turkish walnut stocks than the present day ones. I did check on social media...and found out that the 527's have a tendency to develop cracked stocks. Which is what happened to mine, at around the 800 round mark --- That developed a 1/4" long crack at the rear left side of the squarish looking rear of the receiver.

I sent the rifle back to a company in the U.S., that deals with the repair of CZ's, and they put on a new stock in no time, and at no cost. They also polished my stiff working bolt, that made it work so much smoother in the action.

I'm not sure whether all 527's come new with stiff working bolts...but YouTube has a video on polishing CZ bolts.

Here: CZ 455 bolt - "But the technique apply's to most all guns."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pLGexmQrfE

--- George Orwell

Last edited by Erno86; February 25, 2020 at 10:22 AM. Reason: added a few words

Page generated in 0.03219 seconds with 9 queries