View Single Post
Old February 24, 2018, 08:16 AM   #25
Screwball

While the OP is the only one who can decide what gun is right for him, the fact is that .380s can be noticeably smaller than similar 9mms. My P938 might be small for a 9mm, but my LCP is A LOT smaller. There is no acceptance standard for carry... if a .380 works for the OP, then go with that. If he can fit a 9mm without getting to the point that he will leave the gun home due to comfort issues... then go larger. But if you come up with an excuse to not carry a .380... then you likely wouldn’t be carrying a 9mm by that point.

Out of the options given, I’d pick the Ruger (I have the older version). Remington... would be the only one I’d say be careful with. The M&P should be good to go, but I’ve also heard mixed views on the Bodyguard.

If you are putting the gun in a humid environment, likely with some sweat contacting it, I’d go with a plating like NP3 or CPII (on costs, I’d go with CCR’s CPII; they are out of Tennessee and very good people... just might take a little bit to get it back). When I first pocket carried my LCP, it rusted pretty quick... as I have like battery acid sweat. I sent the gun to CCR, especially the screws for the CT grip, and never had an issue since.

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries