View Single Post
Old April 10, 2016, 11:18 AM   #15
JeepHammer

This is the only picture I have currently of the unit controls set up...

The power supply is upper right, under the relay rail.
This is low amperage electronics that kick larger relays for higher power applications.
Lower amperage keeps the small relays on the circuit boards alive MUCH longer, up to 1,000,000 cycles,
While you wouldn't get but 100,000 out of them at full amperage.

The common relays on the rails are $1 each, and make more sense to replace than the circuit board mounted, low amperage relays...

These relays also control case drop/dump solenoids, which are higher power, around 8 Amps each.

-------------

I have NOT been able to find a way to feed the induction coils other than pairs.
Case feeders are the issue, they will only support ONE 'Y' each, so a case feeder for each pair of annealers.

If anyone knows an easy way to make one case feeder support multiple applications, I'd sure like to know about it!

Since you can build a case feeder for about $15 from a 5 gallon bucket, it's not the number of case feeders, but the space they take up above the annealing coil sets...

I have to separate the annealing sets to make room for the case feeder bins,
So I run them on a 2-2-2 basis.
What ever is in the case feeder for that particular 2 annealing coils, I can adjust the induction coil to anneal correctly for that case.

--------------------

Now, production cases at the factory run on a continuous conveyor through an 'Open' ('C' type) coil.
They do MILLIONS without stopping, and that open coil saves a ton of time.
I didn't want to build the support gear for a coil that size!

When you use a 'C' type coil, you have to rotate the case for even heating,
I prefer to use a circular coil and simply drop the case through it,
Works best for the size of production I'm currently doing.

Someone doing a lot less brass than me would EASILY have the time to drop the coil down over a brass, anneal it (Timer on the induction coil),
and remove/replace brass by hand.
Still only takes about 5 seconds per case when you do one at a time with induction heating and a fairly powerful induction unit...

Is this what you were asking about?

Page generated in 0.02630 seconds with 8 queries