View Single Post
Old October 6, 2013, 10:39 AM   #28
snuffy

Boomer, you might be right about the Nosler e-tip. I went, looked them up, they do NOT have bands cut into the sides of the bullet like the Hornady GMX. I have no experience with the E-tip, I'm primarily a Hornady user.

I did however get some Barnes TSX in .223 while doing a hunting bullet test for an AR platform for hunting deer. The main difference between the GMX, E-TIP and the Barnes is the Barnes are pure copper, while the other 2 are made from guilding metal, a copper alloy. Guilding metal is harder and deforms less while traveling down the barrel. So their drag/friction is also less. Apparently Nosler didn't see the need to make relief cuts in the sides of their bullet.

Hornady wouldn't list the GMX on the same page with their other 165 30 cal. bullets if they created more pressure with the same powder charges listed for their other bullets. Perhaps the resulting velocity IS less, only a chronograph could tell you that.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.03173 seconds with 8 queries