Thread: coach gun?
View Single Post
Old February 3, 2010, 06:07 AM   #3
bamaranger

mine

I got a Baikal coach gun, hammerless, twin triggers, extractors only. It HAS got screw in chokes, and I've got a handfull that came w/ the gun. (used).
Mine serves in HD role, loaded w/ 00 reduced recoil, 'cause it kicks like the proverbial mule. I have been known to break it down and carry it on trips, where it is reassembled in "the room" and loaded w/ birdshot.

It is not well regulated and does not throw first bbl to the exact point of aim.
The second bbl does much better. It wears a handmade leather butt cuff that holds 4 rds. It is usually backed by some sort of handgun.

It is short stocked for me, and combined w/ the short bbl, I have a tendency to look over the bbl and not down it, and shoot over things w/ it if I don't concentrate. W/ the IC and Mod chokes, and me plugged in, it is possible to break hand thrown clays.

The cowboy action shooters use these guns a great deal in their sport and I think this is largely the reason for their resurgence.

Mine was bought by a guy looking for an ultra handy, lightweight, repeating turkey gun. When it did not pattern to point of aim w/ the extra-full tubes he sold it to me right.

I saw a Stoger, tactical black 20 ga double today, w/ a under bbl rail for a tac-light, clearly aimed at the HD market.

Page generated in 0.03230 seconds with 8 queries