View Single Post
Old September 16, 2008, 07:35 PM   #8
j-framer

44 AMP said:

Quote:
But it may take a few days. I have only seen his picture of this gun, and I think I can get the file from him to post, but it may take a while.

The gun apparently belonged to his wife's uncle, and her father kept it for a couple decades after the uncle was killed in a car wreck, and only recently gave it to my friend's wife. The gun has apparently home made wooden grips, not the original ones. He has not (yet) fired it.
Thanks for your continued efforts on the picture. No rush, and no problem if it doesn't work out somehow.

Quote:
The owner has no desire to sell, as it has sentimental value to the family.
I'm sorry to hear about his death, and I can see why your friend wouldn't want to part with the gun.

Quote:
If you know a collector, they might be very willing to pay a premium over "book" price to get a rare specimen, while on the other side of the coin, someone just looking for a gun might not be willing to pay "book price" for an old .25 auto, and it might sit unsold in a dealers case for a long time at book price.
Quote:
A lot (not all, but a lot) of the pre WWII European pocket pistols have exquisite machine work, some of them being fully polished internally even. But they do not usually bring a lot of money on the market.
Quite so, and the limited appreciation for these little guns among the gun-buying public is occasionally responsible for some very gratifying surprises in dealers' showcases. Not long ago, I got a very reasonable deal on a Mauser WTP I that was in good shape save for a missing magazine heel catch. It had been sitting in the corner of a part-time dealer's case for a long time, he told me (it was the first time I had stopped in to his store).

Page generated in 0.03245 seconds with 8 queries