View Single Post
Old March 1, 2020, 08:10 PM   #6
Dfariswheel

Here's what I can offer.....

My best buddy was a hard corp National Match shooter at Camp Perry and any regional match he could get to.
He has a President's 100 patch. If you're a civilian that may not mean much, but if you're in the shooting part of the military it's a BIG deal.
Currently he's shooting F Class matches and long range matches.
He's on a first name basis with people like David Tubb.

His rifles were M1A's custom built by a nationally known National Guard trained NM rifle builder.
He also had a State owned M14 National Match rifle he mostly used for the "Battle Rattle" team match.

When he saw that the M1A and M14 was pretty much finished as a National Match winner, he decided to convert to the AR-15.
When he did his scores went up because the AR is easier to shoot, and with heavy, single loaded Sierra Match King 80 grain bullets it shoots with the .308 at match distances.

He's an engineer and when he thinks about making some sort of change he researches it deeply.
After a lot of research and talking to some nationally known shooters he decided to buy a Rock River Arms.
At that time they were the only major builder to offer a guarantee on accuracy; one MOA with Match ammo.

He's keeps records of every shot fired and he's shown me targets he shot at 100 yards with 52 grain Sierra Match King bullets and Match conditioned surplus brass that are about .25 caliber in diameter.
At medium distances he used Sierra Match King 69 grain, and the 80 grain at 600 yards.

When he got the RRA he sent the upper to a custom gunsmith to have the rear sight pinned, and he changed out the RRA double stage trigger for a Giessle.

He liked the RRA so much he bought a RRA flat top so he could shoot a scope in some types of matches.

Page generated in 0.02848 seconds with 8 queries