Thread: what shotgun.
View Single Post
Old April 3, 2014, 05:33 PM   #7
guruatbol

I have many shotguns now, but when I got the first one, I got a Mossberg 500 combo.

Now I rarely use the short barrel.

I have acquired some impressive shotguns, but when I shoulder the Mossberg it is like an old friend. I dropped it in the pond once when duck hunting and just dug it out of the goo and rinsed it off chambered a round and shot a duck. I know this is incredibly bad for any gun, but this thing cleaned up nice and just keeps going. It has twin beads and I like that.

I have only one other I like as well, that's a Browning Citori.

My youngest daughter got a 20 g Daly youth model and loves it. It fits her. I shot it and think it kicks like a mule. Probably because it is too small for me.

Anyway, my point is go shopping. Shoulder them. See how they fit. The best shotgun for you is the one that fits and you are comfortable with.

I would stick with the known brands. I have an 870 and still prefer my Mossberg. I borrowed an 870 for a dove hunt before I got the Mossberg. I like them and have fired hundreds of rounds through them as they were our duty shotgun, just prefer the feel of the 500.

Just my .02

Mel

Page generated in 0.02741 seconds with 8 queries