View Single Post
Old March 28, 2012, 03:05 AM   #19
warningshot

Can't remove carbon did you say?

Let's see...moving water carved-out the Grand Canyon. Was there any carbon there when it happened? Moving forward...steam..oh yea...steam cleaner. That's it! We clean car engines with pressurized ice water! Even children know it's eaiser to clean a kettle with hot soapy water vs. cold soapy water.

Water can't reach temps over 212F, or 100C for you Euro people? That's correct. You win a gold star. Now what about...about....oh ya...change of state...steam. Wow. Let's have a barbeque and experiment at the same time.

I'll bring a kettle of water with a lid and put it on. 10 minutes later I'll lift the lid and aim a lazer therometer inside.

Oh no, we can never riase the Mosin barrel temp above 212F with just water.

Ask yourself this: What came first? A jacketed bullet or gun cleaning solvents? How did they do it?

How did any gun that had corrosive ammo pumped thru, many times no less, survive without any metal damage decades before these Wonder solvents even existed?

M1 Garands, 30 Cal carbines, and 1911s, by the millions, fired 10's of million corrosive rounds without incident as you can see now holding an exact gun. Just how were they sometimes, if not often, cleaned? Gee, I wonder.

Last edited by warningshot; March 28, 2012 at 03:22 AM.

Page generated in 0.03103 seconds with 8 queries