View Single Post
Old July 10, 2021, 07:40 AM   #5
pathdoc

I think it's a very interesting research tool, and in the hands of the first adopters who know how to use it, it's going to answer a lot of questions about how various aspects of case preparation affect seating force.

The real question I have is how all of this translates to results downrange, and how easy or difficult it will be to sort out how changes in the seating force required to assemble dimensionally identical ammunition, without human and environmental (sun-glare, wind, rain etc.) variables masking the differences.

The biggest concern I have is knowing the variability, e.g. that graph with the two divergent seating-force curves. Trying to blind the shooter as to which two shots will be their "flyers" will be impossible if they assembled the ammunition themselves, and they will go into the session expecting those bullets to misbehave. The only way to sort that out will be with a fixed-mount barrel (preferably an instrumented pressure barrel with Chronograph capability) in a climate controlled indoor tunnel, to as long a distance as feasible.

Page generated in 0.03206 seconds with 8 queries