Thread: Suppressor Kits
View Single Post
Old October 18, 2019, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Member
Join Date: August 25, 2008
Location: Potatoes and Hops
Posts: 12,265
If I don't possess some parts how do I file a form 1?
You determine the length, caliber, and serial number, and submit that information on the Form 1.

If the length ends up being different when built, you send an "update" letter to the ATF to let them know what the new "permanent" configuration is. No approval or response is required from the ATF.
Serial number and caliber cannot be changed or "updated".

You may not possess any of the parts or begin making parts until the form comes back approved.
And don't dawdle when it comes to engraving the required markings. The ATF doesn't take kindly to unserialized NFA items.

The above is not legal advice. It's my understanding and opinion of the subject. If you truly need an expert opinion, contact a qualified attorney.
Don't even try it. It's even worse than the internet would lead you to believe.
FrankenMauser is offline  
Page generated in 0.02896 seconds with 8 queries