View Single Post
Old July 4, 2011, 03:48 PM   #20
Hardy

Well, I don't think I'm wrong since I'm a retailer that sells these. The boxes do make a difference. Of course Cabella sells good guns but they buy them in bulk to afford a cheaper price. The guns in Pietta/traditions box were not bought by Cabella and most serious bp shooters (that come in shop know) assume they are better quality. Not always though. No, Piettas are not collectibles. Anyway not yet but who knows down the road. The ones in Pietta box/w Patterson pic might be if they ever will be. I heard some guys from uberti went to Pietta and the last few years they are much better. I used to order the 199 Pietta Rem from Cabella and had a conversion cylinder for it. bWe sell 2 a month and the cylinder costs more than the gun. Now Cabella offers them for 20+/- more. They have gone up. Most of our guns are bought from individuals and or ordered thru Taylor and Ellett Bros. And some of the wholesale price on some are as much as Cabella. Not defending buying from Cabella. But in my dealings, if Taylor has one -it will be better

Page generated in 0.02360 seconds with 8 queries