View Single Post
Old March 3, 2019, 01:34 AM   #48
bamaranger

video

Now that there is video security seemingly everywhere, and our access to images from such records is available via the internet, it is possible to view and review gunfights. I've got my own conclusions, you can take them for what they're worth.

I'll use a broad interpretation of the term "tactics" to include mindset, use of cover, awareness and avoidance. Good tactics will help you avoid fights, and hopefully allow you to win one as well. A blazing IDPA draw is not a hindrance, but we now have recordings of a large number of gun fights being won now by what appears to be untrained folks w/ very average presentations, but who did so at the right time and place, launching what some trainers call a counter ambush. A large component of these wins obviously involves having a firearm to begin with, and on- body carry is way ahead of off- body.

For an LEO, or others carrying a firearm for a living, you might as well EXPECT that you will someday be in an armed confrontation. As part of such a mindset, your firearms skills need to be as sharp as one can hone them, as LE shootings are often reactionary , you may be behind the curve regardless of your awareness,and the fractions of a second you gain with an efficient presentation might make the difference.

Page generated in 0.03573 seconds with 8 queries