View Single Post
Old March 30, 2010, 02:24 PM   #10
Dwight55

JohnH, . . . re-read Glenn Dee's post, . . . lots of GOOD stuff there.

Also,
Quote:
How do you train and ready yourself for the frightful situations that might occur while the pistol is drawn?
First, . . . you train. I know that sounds rhetorical, but you just have to get some kind of training. Personally, I am relying on some good training I got in the military about taking the time to ID the threat (friendly/foe???), . . . is it indeed a threat????, . . .

Some things that may help are shooting with a fiend and doing drills like where you have 5 targets set up, . . . maybe 3 bg's, one mother, one kid. Number them, . . . have your buddy change the numbers while you are turned 180 away from the targets and at the turn signal he calls out a number or maybe two, . . . you have to turn, ID the target, . . . decide on shoot/no shoot, . . . draw and then hit the BG, . . . all in less than 5 seconds to start with, . . . and work your way down on the time.

Yes it is a totally unrealistic scenario, . . . but it feeds your brain and muscle memory some precious practice, that may give you the edge when you DO have to ID and DECIDE.

If you have the $$$ resources, . . . there are some good schools in which you can gain some good skills also.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a Veteran!

Page generated in 0.02416 seconds with 8 queries