View Single Post
Old December 6, 2018, 03:05 PM   #24
Don Fischer

I think the biggest difference will be in look's. feel and price. Never picked up a Savage newer than the old 110 but have two Patriot's. The 243 shot 1" 100 yds groups out of the box! All I use the other for, 308, is cast bullet's and haven't a clue if it's 2" 100 yd groups are alright. Thinking I'll hunt with it someday. I suspect you can have a problem of some kind with any new rifle, not just Savage or Mossberg! Go look over both and then choose what you like. Mossberg's with wood stocks around here are hard to find in fact even with plastic stocks it's no easy. Of course there's less than 3,000 people living within about 30 miles of where I live! Haven't looked at Savage but I certainly would not be against a wood stock one, they have a great reputation for accuracy. Bet than now and then they turn out a pig, just like everyone else!

EDIT: About that Mossberg safety that is meerly OK.Mine work fine and I could care less if the bolt is not locked. If your one of those that feels he can't unload the rifle without chambering every round and closing the bolt, you should have the safety on all through it!

Page generated in 0.02368 seconds with 8 queries