View Single Post
Old August 30, 2009, 01:43 AM   #7
44 AMP
Staff

I have been there a few times

And never carried while there, I just figured it was simpler not to. Watched the pyrotechnics from a Kiss concert start a fire in the wooden beams of the dome many years ago. Fun time.

The key here would seem to be finding out whether the Tacoma Dome is public or privately owned. Don't just guess, you have to know. The quoted RCW would only apply if the Dome is publicly owned and operated. If privately owned then the rules of the owners apply. If they say no CCW, then no CCW.

If it is publically owned, but privately operated, I'm not sure if the RCW exemption for CCW would apply or not. It would appear not, from the wording of the RCW.

I would suggest contacting Dome security for their policy on CCW. Then, if they shun it, find out if they have the legal authority to do so. They might. It is also possible they might not, and just have the policy in place, and have never been challenged on it.

I wouldn't just go walking in with your CCW piece, find out everything beforehand, and if you have the legal right (and decide to do it) make certain you have copies of the relevant legal documents to present to security, before any search or metal detectors. Last thing you want is to get jumped by six guys in security T-shirts who don't know the letter of the law. If that happens, you are in for a hassle, no matter whether you are in the right about your CCW or not. Charged with creating a public disturbance (with a CCW involved) might be enough to get your permit canceled, and leave you facing other charges.

Personally, even if it turns out to be allowed under the law, I'd leave my CCW behind, in a safe place. But if you want to make a statement (assuming you are on safe legal ground), go ahead. Just remember that they aren't very gun friendly in that part of the state.

Good Luck!

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries