View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 10:54 AM   #3
Slowhand

Too Much Gun

It’s an individual thing, based upon age, health, and other conditions. Since I’m now a gray haired, 62 Year old, Grandfather looking type, I’d suspect that the Thugs out in the world perceive me as an easier target than back in “The Day”. So when I’m out and about I tend to carry two weapons and even put a third in the glove box. Depending where I’m going to, of course.

As I’ve gotten older, my taste in weapons for Self Defense and Concealed Carry has changed. During the Fall and Winter in the South, I tend to go up in calibers.

These are my Modern Day Carry weapons. A S&W 4043 in 40 Caliber, a Ruger Super Redhawk in .44 Mag with a 2 ½ in barrel. A Kimber 1911 45 ACP, Custom Shop Super Carry Pro. A Ruger SP-101, in .357 Mag. A Walther (S/W) PPK S-1, .380 ACP and a Ruger LCP .380 ACP.

Some I suspect have been relegated to a Safe Queen Status since lately, depending on where I’m going I tend to favor the lighter calibers for more convenience of carry than anything else. So I tend to jack it up a caliber or two, just in case.

Page generated in 0.03538 seconds with 8 queries