View Single Post
Old September 12, 2005, 04:19 PM   #7
Eghad

he may use a degree of force which he reasonably believes to be necessary for that purpose.

(2) Deadly physical force may be used only if a person reasonably believes a lesser degree of force is inadequate and:

(a) The actor has reasonable ground to believe, and does believe, that he or another person is in imminent danger of being killed or of receiving great bodily injury; or

If an 80 year old lady comes upon a thug beating a man and has a CCW and the man looks like he is liable to be killed looking at what you just posted I would say that she is justified in drawing her pistol to protect the third party.

Most laws use a reasonable person standard. What would a reasonable person do in that particular situation. I am not as physically capable as I once was. If I came upon a guy beating an unconsciuos person with his feet and hands.

1. I am afraid that the third party will be killed or receive great bodily injury.

2. As a citizen I should render assitance, but I amfraid that if I call 911 and wait the third party will be dead or receive a great bodily injury and I will be in the same danger also if I use less than deadly force.

Now tell me why I cant draw my weapon under Colorado Law under that situation?

NRA Life Member

Page generated in 0.02814 seconds with 8 queries