View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018, 04:16 PM   #15
Metal god

As in all laws and decisions it's up to the interpretation . I think the SCOTUS has dropped the ball on this one to include Scalia a bit . When Scalia wrote the 2nd does not allow you to carry what ever you want when ever you want and it's not unlimited . I "interpreted" that as him making sure the Heller case did not undo "ALL" gun laws before it like the NFA .

I believe that was the only reason that wording was in there . Think about it , If they had not put at least some wording in there that allowed "some" restriction the 2nd would be truly unlimited . Now I'm about to go extreme example but hopefully the point will out weigh the extremeness . Where would the unlimitedness stop . Well the word it self would indicate it would not end . I really don't want my neighbor building a fusion bomb in there basement for self defense . OK to much for even the most reasonable , how about the MOAB ? Can we all have some of those in the garage ? I believe the only reason it's questionable for anyone owning and or having the ability to deploy those types of weapons is the indiscriminate nature of said weapons . We Joe Blow just don't have enough information at are finger tips to deploy such weapons responsibly in most cases . There are rich enough people and or groups that could build just about anything if it were legal . I believe it's "THAT" type of restrictions the Heller wording was trying not to undo . Why do I believe this ? Because of the other wording we all thought we loved . "in common use" Why would you say it's not unlimited and at the same time basically say leave the items in common use alone ? "Maybe" Scalia could have done a better job pointing that out .

Unfortunately "it's not unlimited" can be interpreted to mean we can keep restricting until the cows come home . This is where I think the SCOTUS has dropped the ball by letting the lower courts completely neuter the Heller decision .

Anyways that's my take on it . Until the SCOTUS steps up and upholds it's own decisions there's not much to be hopeful for when come to the 2nd which ultimately will cause the rest to erode as well . I'm a strong believer that with out the 2nd , it will be hard to keep the rest over time .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Last edited by Metal god; May 18, 2018 at 08:08 PM.

Page generated in 0.03024 seconds with 8 queries