Thread: LGS Ripoff!
View Single Post
Old March 18, 2013, 08:31 AM   #56
BigD_in_FL

Quote:
When a hurricane rolls thru and all water and power is knocked out, are you going to say to the guys selling water for $10 a gallon or gas stations charging $7 a gallon for gas, "Oh their just trying to make money". You suggest if you don't like the prices, don't buy there. Maybe if you read my thread completely, instead of going on the attack, you would have seen that I didn't. My point is that we all need to stick together and refuse to pay these crazy prices and remember the shops that are taking advantage. And support the shops that are treating their customers fair with all your business.
If someone has water for $10/gallon and folks are WILLINGLY paying his price, then it is NOT gouging. IF you watched that video I linked to, you would understand how letting the market set the price actually helps in the long run because folks outside the area will bring in more supplies - more supplies means lower prices as supply/demand curves converge.

Sticking together and NOT paying their prices is how you get them to be lowered, not coming on here ranting about how they are a "ripoff".

Those mags Glenn mentioned at $69 each at the show - that seller has no idea what the market will bear, so you start out high and see if anyone bites. If not, you lower the price until they start to sell. It is always easier to lower than raise a price at a show. What if he had sold then at $29 and someone bought them all, went to his own table and was able to sell them for $50? That first seller just lost money.

Just like the story of the woman who goes to a local meat shop and asks the butcher how much his chickens are. "$3.79 per pound". She responds "That's gouging and rip off! Sam across the street is selling them for $1.79 per pound". The butcher asks her why she isn't across the street then buying chicken over there. She responds, "because he doesn't have any".
The butcher responds to her by saying:"Well, when I don't have any chickens they'll also be $1.79 per pound".

Page generated in 0.02346 seconds with 8 queries