View Single Post
Old October 11, 2012, 09:45 PM   #8
tchunter

Yes, I have lost three deer. Two with a bow and one with a shot gun. They all make me sick to this day. Luckily I have learned from each scenario. The craziest one was 4 years ago bow hunting. Had three bucks walk past all with hair bristled up and acting tough. The first two were six points, the third a dandy eight point. Made the shot on the eight point at 15 yards. Hit one lung I assume because of angle. He ran about 50 yards and stopped. There he hunched up and began to wheeze and cough. After about a minute he went down. All of a sudden the two six points came charging back and attacked him. That's when he got back up and started to fight. He somehow ran off the smaller bucks and followed them. It was a total blood bath from the shot to the fight, from there not another speck of blood. We tracked all that night and during daylight the following two days and never found a clue. This was the day I decided to train a dog to track. Luckily with better shot placement I haven't had to use her yet. I still think about what I could have done differently and it makes me sick. So ya I know the feeling.

Page generated in 0.03216 seconds with 8 queries