View Single Post
Old October 9, 2009, 09:10 AM   #2
gearchecker

Appleseed --Best thing for shooters since sliced raisen bread

My wife went to an Appleseed shoot up here about a month ago and had the time of her life. She's already signed up for the next one and is telling all of her girlfriends about signing up. She said that they fired around 350 rounds of ammo and there are awards for shooting excellence.
It's a living history lesson on the skills of rifleman and the Revloutionary war.

Up here women get in free just for signing up, not sure if that's the policy at all of them or not.

I'm signed up for the next one too. It's not just for beginners. It will help all shooters improve on their shooting skills

A STRONG RECOMMENDATION . . DO NOT TAKE CHEAP, poor quality AMMO.
Many of the range cycles are timed. Don't waste it working on clearing yor rifle.

Take a .22 or similar that is affordable to shoot off 300 rounds or so.
Take the best ammo your gun shoots. It's only a few hundred rounds and it is a real pain trying to keep up with the instructors if your wasting time clearing your weapon often.

My wife took ammo she normally shoots and had nothing but trouble with her rifle on the Saturday shoot. I heard her complaining when she got home that her rifle was constantly having feed issues and she couldn't keep up with the others or the timed shooting evolutions.
I sent her back out on Sunday morning with 200 rounds of CCI mini mags. When she got back I asked her how many problems she had with her rifle, and she answers with a big smile . . NONE!
Good quality ammo is really important here. Find out what your rifle likes and stick with it.

Tell all your friends and if you have the chance join in.

Gregory
http://www.corneredcat.com

Page generated in 0.02537 seconds with 8 queries