Thread: Want to rant!
View Single Post
Old March 1, 2011, 11:07 AM   #1
taylorce1

Want to rant!

Recently there has been a rash of 'text' style posting on the forums. In the past I've tried to send PM to the culprits to get them to clean up their post. This has usually fallen on deaf ears by the posters.

So I've tried posting on their topics and asking/telling them to clean it up, and I'm not the only one that has done this. Then we get responses like this:
Quote:
yes yes yes ive heard it before and dont have time for it so i would lay off because my grammar and or spelling is not the worst in this forum
Then there are the other members whose posts are even far worse than the 'texters':
Quote:
Today i had boughten powder cleaner for my mosin nagant and i was finally able to find the rifling Thats sad that shows how well the person before me had taken care of it
I'm sure these are young members and while I don't want to get them kicked off the site, I just want to read coherent posts. I find myself not wanting to offer any advice to these members except that they pay English tutoring. Plus I catch quite a bit of negativity from other members for pointing out the bad posting especially if I quote rule #4 from the FAQ.

I'm not saying that I'm any expert on English or Grammar as most of my education after high school has taken place in the Army. The Army really isn't known for employing English Professors that is for sure. And most military writing is done in bullet style comments. If I find problems in my posts I'll edit them if the option is available, as I want to practice what I'm preaching.

Without sounding like a forum Nazi how do we stear these members to clean up their posts?

Page generated in 0.02508 seconds with 8 queries