View Single Post
Old April 2, 2015, 09:11 PM   #22
Senior Member
Join Date: April 19, 2012
Location: Western PA
Posts: 3,818
Originally Posted by Luckyk1751
Can you carry the silener to the range or have it in your truck or car, without first letting anyone know where you are going , much like what I here you have to report with a full auto .
Under federal law, you don't need approval to take any Title II firearm to the range, even a machine gun. Well, not unless your range is in another state.

If you want to take a machine gun, short-barrel rifle, short-barrel shotgun, or destructive device across state lines, you need approval from the ATF via Form 5320.20. But approval isn't needed for silencers or AOWs; those firearms are treated just like regular Title I firearms under federal law when it comes to transportation. Of course, check state and local laws before taking a silencer to another state.
0331: "Accuracy by volume."
Theohazard is offline  
Page generated in 0.02864 seconds with 8 queries