Thread: Mag-Lite
View Single Post
Old September 22, 2001, 08:29 AM   #18
Jffal

I have average sized hands and am most comfortable with 5 and 6 C Mags as well as the 3 D. I also have a 4 D which I leave in the car. A bit too cumbersome for me for any other purpose than illumination but it serves that function very well. That 4 D could probably be used to knock the auto windshield out if I was able to do so after an accident.

With fresh batteries and xenon lamps (considerably more powerful than the standard Krypton bulps the Mags are sold with) you have an efficient multipurpose tool.

Cold Steel once produced a 20 or so inch aluminum flashlight that fed off 7 AA batteries in a row. Referred to as the Brute, it offered a non-adjustable wide angle beam, on off button on the tailcap, very thick barrel. It weighed over 20 ounces but because of some critical design flaws (weak springs in the tailcap and under the shock absorber bulb housing itself), turned out to be more tempermental than Cold Steel intended. The remaining stock was sold to either US Calvary or Brigade Quartermasters, renamed The Enforcer, and eventually sold out. Flawed or not, I rather like this item.

I'd like to see the design revived and improved. It would make a suitable substitute to C and D cell torches with specs that more closely resemble metal batons.
Jeff

Page generated in 0.03186 seconds with 8 queries