View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 08:51 PM   #13
wrightme43

Well I can give this story about CLP. In 2007 my house caught on fire. It was winter so it was closed up very tight. The fire smoldered inside, and raised the temp inside enough to melt plastics at the other end of the house. I came home and smelled and saw what was happening. I called the fire dept. by the time they got there it was burning thru to the soffit and about to burst over as it was starting to pull in air. They put it out. I was able to salvage from the house a large chilli pot full of stuff in drawers, but it was all smoke damaged. Silver coins, medals and what not. I was also able to salvage 3 guns, two inside halfway melted gun sacks, and one in a halfway melted nylon holster. I had to replace the grips on the .357 smith. It was stained where the smoke had got to it. The other guns were very stinky. They had been treated with CLP. I cleaned them the next day with CLP. Smoke makes everything rust really really really bad. I still use the 1894c Marlin in .357. I sold the Remington 1100, and traded the .357 smith plus boot on my Ruger Scout. I was impressed at how well it worked to clean and protect my guns thru what had to be a horrible enviroment. I still use it today and I will continue to use it. I never got any rust on any of my guns. So thats all I got to say about it.

Page generated in 0.02494 seconds with 8 queries