View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 11:14 AM   #17
Mystro

A lot or newbie's with their very first gun want to shoot the gun the cops do. They buy a 40s&w and its too much gun/recoil for them to shoot accurately. They trade it in with only a box through them on a 9mm or 38spl wheel gun. The 40s&w is not for the inexperienced shooter. It's a training issue.
This has been a recurring theme at my shop. On the other hand, gun nuts like myself that has shot 10mm for years are buying the 40 because it has evolved hot enough from the factory to being a 10mm substitute at half the cost of ammo. Most 40 guns hold more rounds than a 10mm and is in a smaller package. As a 10mm fan, I hated the 40 when it was introduced but as calibers evolve, I have found the introduction of the 40s&w is the best thing that happens for us 10mm fans. I can find ammo anywhere and not have to rely in my reloads. I now have 4 40s&w and only 1 10mm.
I have hunted and killed deer very efficiently with the 10mm loaded to a 40s&w factory spec. The 40 is perhaps the most versatile auto caliber for those that don't reload the 10mm.

A prediction from past experiences:
After the current gun frenzy calms down, you will be able find a like new high end Sig,Walther, or HK preowned at a nice discount. I am counting on it and will be ready to pounce.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; January 27, 2013 at 11:24 AM.

Page generated in 0.02738 seconds with 8 queries