View Single Post
Old February 16, 2012, 08:48 PM   #3
rg1

Understand your frustration. Finding proven data in a manual for your bullet choice and powder preference is sometimes not easy. Also you are reluctant to use others on-line recommendations. No experience with Titegroup powder, I use Alliant Unique for 9MM 124 gr. FMJ roundnose bullets. For several different 124 FMJ jacketed and plated round nose bullets I've loaded 4.8 grains of Unique for a milder load and up to 5.1 grains of Unique for more velocity. I've seen no issues with 5.1 grains with the 124FMJ's in different pistols with various cases but all using CCI 500 primers. 5.1 is not maximum with Unique. I seat most 124 FMJ's to 1.150" oal but Winchester 124 FMJ's I seat to 1.160" as they have a more pointed tip shape. A chronograph helps working up powders when specific bullets and powders aren't published. I do see several discussions in searches where people do use Titegroup in 9MM. The nice thing about Unique for me is that with typical charges there is NO WAY that a case could be double charged. Typical loads come up to the base of a seated bullet or even lightly compressed. I won't use a powder with the possibility of a double charge of powder. Luck finding your answers.

Page generated in 0.02170 seconds with 8 queries