View Single Post
Old January 22, 2012, 04:03 PM   #83
shurshot

CountZero; Who tried to say that birdshot was more effective than buckshot? I don't believe anyone on here stated that. Why would you try to throw that out there when it was never said? Who tried to "shift" the topic to shot placement? I repeated what Clint Smith wrote, which was that if the shot placement was good, even birdshot is devestating and effective. "Inside the home, the size of the shot is probably not as important as the placement of the hit on the threat. All of the impacts on test targets hit at room-size ranges varied from rat-hole type wounds to leaving quite a substantial mark, which would be pretty devestating to the recipient". (Clint Smith).

That makes sense, as any shot charge or bullet, be "it" a .22 LR, .45 ACP, .308 WIN, Birdshot or BUCKSHOT, will not be as effective at ANY range, if the shot placement is poor.

No one said birdshot was better than buckshot for defense. Where did you get this idea??? Once again, words are being taken out of context, and twisted. Obviously some folks need to read posts 2 or 3 times in order to fully understand what was written, BEFORE they start replying. Or, don't drink and post. As I said before, water finds its own level. Some of you guys need to shut off your laptops, stop playing X-Box 360 games and get some real shooting experience under your belts.

Last edited by shurshot; January 22, 2012 at 06:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries