View Single Post
Old October 9, 2005, 01:04 PM   #57
USP45usp

I have a feeling that this thread will soon become heated and be shut down and I usually distance myself from threads that will do so but I feel that I have to comment one last time:

This is America, no matter your crime, no matter how heinious, you and they as American's have the Right to a speedy trail to be judged by their peers (fellow American's).

The break down comes in the sentencing by the judges. I fully agree that there should be a 2 strikes law. The first strike you get 25 to life with lifetime of monitoring.

Second strike and conviction, you die.

There are some crimes that should be dealt with in the most harsh sentence that can be given for that crime.

Yet, pedophile is considered a mental diease (I believe that it's in the DSM) and if they consider it so, then maybe their sentence should be a lobotamy or something of the sort since no drugs have been used that is known to "cure" it. But, those are just my ideas, everyone has their own about the subject.

When it comes to child molestors, rapists, and crimes of a sexual nature, the emotions will flow, especially anger. People will think with emotion and throw out all rights, as in the right to a trail by your peers, to acheive what they wish, but if we do that, then what the anti's do to us, using the same logic, basically erodes all of our rights and gets us where we don't need to go.

Trial, then life/excecution/lobotamy, whatever it takes to keep them off our streets and out of our neighborhoods.

Wayne

Page generated in 0.03131 seconds with 8 queries