View Single Post
Old January 8, 2018, 01:14 PM   #7
stonewall50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lohman446 View Post
What scenario are you envisioning that you can drop stuff, draw your weapon, and use force? Let's say someone is holding up the place: the best "good guy" move you can accomplish at that point, assuming it does not escalate to open shooting, is to be a good witness as you attempt to retreat to cover or out the door. Frankly you have not lost much tactically if it starts shooting. If someone comes in as an active shooter you are going to have to hope that other targets distract the shooter long enough for you to act.

Aside from being able to react, and move as you act, I'm not really certain one can prepare well for this. Some situations are just going to go badly in the end.

Mainly I was thinking of a force on Force scenario with someone who gets violent as they enter (drunk or drugs or whatever). I know people have gotten upset here when you mention the need for training how to react to a hands on situation...but that is something I would look for. If someone is actually going hands on. It is a close proximity drill and it probably will end badly. There are certainly videos on YouTube of someone needing and not having in a situation kind of like above. Plenty of videos of them having them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page generated in 0.03048 seconds with 8 queries