View Single Post
Old October 13, 1999, 06:24 AM   #1
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

A guy in Hawaii named Ken Onion has a way nifty design for a knife opening device.
He calls it the Speed Safe and is a feature found on several knives he makes and liscenses to Kershaw for production.

To open it - you push the thumb stud about 1/8th an inch and the speed safe takes over and opens it up the rest of the way. Fast.

This is not a Switch Blade. It opens FASTER than the Switch Blade. It is also LEGAL for some reason... I dont want to know how or why but its legal and I like it...

I got a nifty little version called the "Black Out." Its way cool - and addictive. I may have to order the high end version called a Random Task. (who names these things?)

I took out an old BM Auto Spike that I have and compared the two. The Black Out is faster to deploy... noticably faster. The BO blade has a better shape too - a good curve that can be used in any situation... The spike is - well - its just a pointy spike...

I know this isnt a knife forum - but... uh... Hey - they sell knives at the Gun Shows, right? And There is a couple things you need to get when you buy a gun - 1. A good holster. 2 A carry knife that goes with it...

I just to get a gun to go with this knife!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited October 13, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02796 seconds with 8 queries