View Single Post
Old June 27, 2002, 06:06 PM   #11
tommygun45

I guess my post wasn't clear enough. I have been privilaged to be part of a Tactical Study Group for a year and part of a less structured training group for four years. I think of a my TSG as the single greatest source of training, information, and skills development I have ever been privilaged to be exposed to.
The expirience of the group is varried and diverse which allows us to draw from a variety of unique perspectives. Not every one can be a snake eating, badass, SOCOM super warrior. Most of the group is made up of people who have little or no law enforcement expierience. Therefore our focus is less on the dynamic tactical entry school of thought and more on the de-escalate, avoid-evade-dissengage-escape tactics critical to survive a close defensive encounter. The dramatic and dynamic change in each member of the group as they have progressed has been an outstanding learning tool in its own right.
Essential to the process is being able to review the video after compleation of a training session. This allows every member of the TSG to assess and evaluate not only their own performance but glean knowlege from the actions and reactions of others.
Gomez, if you really want to make that horse drink try holding his head under water

Page generated in 0.03194 seconds with 8 queries