View Single Post
Old April 6, 2014, 12:40 PM   #22
SickMick

If the only place you look is in the big box stores or huge internet dealers, yes...there is a shortage because of the numbers of people who go there. I rarely step foot in those places, preferring the small privately owned gun stores / pawn shops and am able to find pretty much anything when I need it. Not much of a problem at all on percussion caps. Buying a couple hundred at a time is really all I need and I've been able to find them without issue.

Similar to .22 LR, because of this "alleged shortage" .... instead of buying a box or two, people are buying thousands at a time. Production rates and wholesale purchasing are set from years of sales statistics. One little spike really doesn't warrant a company to run out and build new factories and buy new equipment....because as dumb as some people think they are...risking several million dollars in capital on a fad is not very sound business reasoning. But...if you really think it is a good idea because "of all the money to be made"......sell everything you have, go to the bank and borrow a few million and go for it.

Page generated in 0.02747 seconds with 8 queries