Thread: Would you sue?
View Single Post
Old January 28, 2008, 05:16 PM   #25
chopz

TexasSeaRay:

unfortunately, not everyone in the usa can afford the luxury of living on a rural ranch. and laws have to be made that can be applied to all fairly, rich or poor. lets make the comparison a little more fair.

lets say i did get robbed. i followed the thief to your house (of course you weren't complicit in his actions) where he sought refuge in your living room. he left the door open in his haste and was running out the back way when i shot through the open door. your wife was sitting there in the living room nursing the baby, but i'm a pretty good shot so i'm confident i'm not gonna hit them. anyway - he stole my stuff!

for those of us that are in more densely populated areas i feel this would be a more apt comparison. when your neighbors hunted down these vagabonds, they weren't in a place where stray fire was likely to hit someone, were they?

i'm not trying to be snarky, but i'd like to ask for your thoughts on the situation in the place of the victim, who loses a loved one, rather than the goodguy retrieving his stuff.

Page generated in 0.03794 seconds with 8 queries