Thread: Silencer
View Single Post
Old July 19, 2008, 10:29 PM   #87
Zak Smith

Quote:
When I see a silencer on a rifle I think that it is going to be used for an illegal purpose - and - that the individual using one isn't using it for hearing protection but for some stupid illegal purpose. I feel the same about muzzle brakes - they damage your hearing and those about you (african P.H. will either have you unscrew it or go back to the plane.)
Do silencer or brakes enhance accuracy? NOTHING you screw on the muzzle of a rifle does anything for accuracy, BOSS or anything (bullet seating does the job of BOSS to some degree).
The same about super lite triggers - they are used generally because many shooters flinch and they think it helps (it doesnt - they still flinch).
The muzzle of a rifle is a sacred sight - it must be a perfect exit for the bullet and nothing in the bullets way will help to stabilize it - NOTHING.
Just keep digging.

Again, you are factually incorrect and you keep revealing your irrational bias against suppressors. You might as well assume that anyone who owns a handgun for self defense or carries a CCW has it for murdering people or "some stupid illegal purpose.". Both are equally irrational, mindless, and anti-gun.

Silencers typically either have no effect or increase the accuracy of centerfire rifles (in part due to the "calm, controlled atmosphere" just past the muzzle).

These are both 1/4 MOA barrels.. yes, with suppressors:

............... Larger version of above photo.

Page generated in 0.02618 seconds with 8 queries