View Single Post
Old April 29, 2011, 06:50 PM   #24
Terry A

The primary way I carry my pistols is simply in my front pants pocket. And I carry like that until the seasons change & I start wearing a coat. Then it's in the front pocket of the coat. Sometimes with a holster in the pants pocket but most times w/ no holster. My primary carry pistols are the Springfield XD-45, Glock 21SF & Glock 23. My pants do need a belt when I carry this way and as long as I have a shirt that is long enough to reach to the pocket, it can't be seen.

I have NEVER carried any handgun in my waist band & I can't see me ever trying it. The gun is either in a deep pocket or in an inside the pants holster.

One major rule for those who like to carry in the pocket is to take great care to keep your weapon clean, including daily rub downs to keep the lint off.

I imagine those of us who carry primarily in the pocket are in the minority. But I've carried this way for 30+ years now, and have practiced from the pocket at the range for the same length of time. It's so natural now that it's really second nature. When I do carry one w/ an inside the pants holster, it's something that I'm more aware of.

We qaulified from a belt holster w/ our primary duty weapon. With our off duty weapons, how you carry it is how it was presented at the range during qualifications. I'd say roughly 30% of us were pocket carriers.
2 Thes 3:16 "Now may the Lord of peace Himself continually grant you peace in every circumstance. The Lord be with you all! "

Page generated in 0.02198 seconds with 8 queries