View Single Post
Old December 1, 2012, 12:28 PM   #23
hardworker

Quote:
How about all these "random" people that work in gun stores? Where I am every employee of any local gun store is probably carrying a gun whether you see it or not. These people are employees of the store. They did not have to pass any kind of competency test with a firearm or go to a school. Where I am you can carry concealed with no permit. And as far as I am concerned the more people that do, the better.
They work at a gun store, not an auto parts store. It's to be expected that they're carrying.

Quote:
Many times even on forums we think because we post here it's ok for us to have one but not ok for the "average" citizen, they don't have the knowledge or training that we do. Sounds kind of like the Bloombergs of our time, it's ok for them but not ok for us. We don't take that too well when we're deemed not responsible enough to have a gun. Why would we treat other legal citizens the same way?
I think everyone should have the right to have a gun, and as long as they're not a threat to anyone else, they can be as incompetent with one as they want. I know people that own guns that are a danger to those around them. If they worked for me I'd make sure they didn't have one on them while at work. As a business owner you're responsible for anything your employees do. All it takes is one Dirty Harry wannabe to create a multi-million dollar lawsuit. Having that policy on the books and enforcing it takes liability off the company.

Quote:
Can you cite any cases where an armed citizen injured or killed a bystander while legally defending oneself or one's property?

If not...let's add a dash of reality into that perspective.
I'm not going to research for this, but the internet is full of negligent discharge stories done by people who were "safe with guns" until they accidentally shot their leg practicing quick draw. If they want to do that at home, more power to them. As a business owner, there's no place for that kind of liability.

Page generated in 0.03355 seconds with 8 queries