View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 01:52 AM   #22
FloridaVeteran

Exibar and James Pond - LOL - I think it's great that I am not considered crazy in trying to create greatest efficiency (for my own purpose) relative to equipment available, quantity processed, etc.

As noted, I use the Lee for depriming, because of the cool collection tube for spent primers. I also have a beloved Rockchucker for precision loading or any unusual in-between work. But since my neighbor has a gee-whiz 5-stage progressive, I de-prime, tumble and clean the primer pockets, then prime with an RCBS manual primer (think of your first real girlfriend). After that, it's next door to the mac-daddy machine for some volume output.

Based on my old-fart analysis of that, I have come to the conclusion that buying cleaned, trimmed, resized and primed load-ready brass from places like Brass Brothers is not such a bad deal. I buy ACP cases from them, but load my Long Colts from Step 1.

Whatever. The great value I find here is the difference of experiences and results. I will stop learning the day my wife stops telling me stuff, which well might be after the day I die.

Page generated in 0.02602 seconds with 8 queries