View Single Post
Old May 23, 2021, 02:08 AM   #3
stagpanther

I've read about it on forums-- but I've never had an AR barrel that was "under gassed"--usually they are at least slightly overgassed (there's a reason why there's been a proliferation in adjustable/tuneable gas blocks made). McGowen has made some AR10 barrels for me the same length as the one you are getting--I usually specify rifle+2 gas length; what are you getting? Unless you're firing a reduced load (which has it's own safety issues) I wouldn't sweat it (at least until you've actually fired it)--especially if the GS guy doesn't have the same set-up and experience with it. One area that builders often overlook IMO when putting AR 10's together is the quality of the bolt and firing pin--it pays to spend extra bucks on these to get something like JP's high performance bolt and firing pin.

Last edited by stagpanther; May 23, 2021 at 02:21 AM.

Page generated in 0.03623 seconds with 8 queries