View Single Post
Old December 25, 2018, 08:42 PM   #12
JN01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Blanca View Post
I'm sorry, but I have to say that is the second worst training video I've watched in probably the last five years. Any time an instructor opens by saying, "I'm going to teach you how to grip your pistol properly," I know I'm about to hear a load of bovine excrement.

What is "proper" is what works for you. That may be the way this guy says you "should" hold your pistol ... or it may not.

Second worst video? Jeez, there are a BUNCH of much more idiotic videos out there. The method I was taught follows pretty close to the video, I think the concepts can be a pretty good starting point to figure out what works for a particular individual.

Granted there is no one particular correct method for everyone, especially considering different hand sizes, grip strengths, and gun configurations.

Years ago, I had a lady in my USAF Security Police unit that would grip her .38 in her dominant right hand and pull the trigger with her support hand finger. Even though she was doing it completely "wrong" she always qualified Expert.

Page generated in 0.03120 seconds with 8 queries