View Single Post
Old December 9, 2018, 07:26 AM   #18
CajunBass

Ironic that since my first comment in this thread, I've found another of those old Taurus revolvers at a very reasonable price. I think I said the one I had previously was a Model 83...I was wrong, it was an 82, which is what this one is. The only difference is this one has a 3" barrel, rather than the 4" previously.

This one has a few dings and scratches, and let me tell you, it was filthy. I don't think it had ever been cleaned. I did a couple of light buffings with Flitz polish, followed by a couple of coats of Renaissance Wax, and it is at least presentable.

The grips on this one are nicer than the ones I remember, but the T-grip feels great. The missing screw has been replaced. Finding the part was no trouble. Numrich sent one in a couple of days. The trigger is heavier in D/A than would have expected, but it's not awful.

Judging by the groves in the cylinder flutes, it was likely manufactured in the mid/late 70's. I think the grooves went away in the early 80's, but don't quote me on that. What purpose the groves served, I have no idea. Anybody?

I'm looking forward to getting it to the range.
John 3:16 (NKJV)

Page generated in 0.02931 seconds with 8 queries