View Single Post
Old March 22, 2017, 02:49 PM   #31
the possum

Call all the gun shops in the area. If they're anything like around here, they've probably got a dusty box in a corner somewhere with all kinds of SKS parts and accessories like this. I see original stocks all the time for $15.

I added a 30 round duckbill mag to my gun so I didn't have to carry as much (if any) extra ammo out on the tractor. Ammo boxes and stripper clips are uncomfortable in the pockets all day, and I found out the hard way it's no good to let them roll around on the tractor floor either. I did not have another mag, and so if I did wanna do some shooting & brought extra ammo, I'd use the stripper clips. Yep, you heard that right. I had a 30 round mag, AND used stripper clips to recharge it. Reading gun forums, you'd think the two were mutually exclusive.

You need to lock the bolt back before you insert the mag. Hold the bolt open, stick yer finger up through the magwell, and push the sliding catch up to block the bolt. This is the part that the mag follower should push up so the bolt stays open after the last shot.

Page generated in 0.02902 seconds with 8 queries