View Single Post
Old April 22, 2002, 11:59 AM   #4
Carbon_15

You know, I never thought about it untill now, but I'm the one who really introduced him to guns. He's only about 3 years my junior, but its enough age difference that I was legal to buy guns on my own before him. with his mother, being horrified of guns, his only experiance with guns as a youngster was pearing curiously through the gun cabinet glass doors. He had an intinse interest in guns and read just about every gun rag out there, like most male kids, but was never allowed to go shooting. When I turned 18 and moved out on my, I began collecting guns more seriously and we started going to the range together. He quickly became a good shot and always had very safe gun handling skills. His mother always hated the fact that I "got him in to guns". And she always acted like our range trips were an accident waiting to happen. I mean, a cased rifle was enough to make her draw up and leave the room. We have learned alot from each other when it comes to shooting, and haveing friendly competition with you at the range does wonders for your group size and shooting habits. Fliers are one thing when your by yourself, but shoot one bad groups when you have someone with you and you'll never live it down.
I'm sure he would have started shooting on his own, but its nice to think that maybe something I tought him at the range or that we talked about in our hypothetical gab sesions might have helped at the moment of truth.

http://carolinashootersforum.com/index.php

Page generated in 0.03171 seconds with 8 queries