View Single Post
Old October 10, 2018, 08:11 AM   #36
Unclenick
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndawg
I just don't see the need to over complicate what is nothing more than a simple straight line measurement.
Under-complicate. You may be missing that I am eliminating one source of cumulative tolerance error with a single reading, something that requires two separate measurements and a calculation to eliminate with current commercial tools. Maybe I've failed to communicate the object of the exercise adequately? It is to improve the precision with which I control bullet jump, keeping in mind the case-head-to-shoulder-datum dimension has some variation among cases coming out of the resizing die that becomes variation in bullet jump that is not accounted for with a single measurement by the current crop of commercial tools. I freely admit the error is typically small enough to be of unlikely significance to most loads. The error would only be a significant percent only of very tight jump values of a few thousandths.

Anyway, the datum argument has run its course, I think, and sides have been chosen. Probably time to think about closing this out. I'll leave it up for rebuttal for another day, then shut it down.
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle

Page generated in 0.02433 seconds with 8 queries