View Single Post
Old December 24, 2013, 09:48 PM   #1
mwdsonny

Question About Lymans reloading manual.

Im gonna try to explain this as simply as possible. My Lymans reload manual shows for .223 max length as 2.260" but then for 52gr jhp it has 2.250" so my question is is the 2.250 a min and that for any gr bullet my max is the number listed in the top above the individual gr bullets? so my safe range for a 52gr jhp 2.250-2.260" or should i be below the 2.250? and if below how much is to much? i know deep seating a bullet can cause serious pressure build up. but maybe im over looking it but i dont see a variance listed for the loads. i loaded some yesterday and today and in my example i thought the oal listed was max so i stayed .010 or so less so i was getting like 2.242 and simular in other calibers. now im thinking that number might have been a min safe and not max safe like i thought at first. i have shot 3-6 rounds of 3 different load setups with no negative effects. but i did stay at about 25% the powder load range. for example my .380 had a range of 2.9-3.6gr i hand meassured 3.1gr for each. so are the rounds safe to shoot if i undercut the min but stayed on the low side of powder?

Page generated in 0.03139 seconds with 8 queries