View Single Post
Old May 14, 2016, 03:44 PM   #10
speedrrracer

I'm feeling the bias, therefore inclined to agree. I think that even if the impossible happened, and this guy's idea became law (through SCOTUS or whatever), it's application would be breathtakingly limited.

Any judge could easily say, "Well, the schools of that district share a private security service (it's one car with a 70 year-old lady, she was 4 miles away at the time, carries no weapon and is instructed to avoid any trouble that breaks out, but hey), so the gubbmint did a reasonable job of trying to protect you, and therefore meets it's burden."

The thing that strikes me as jaw-dropping hypocrisy is that while police have no duty to protect you (as per the Warren case, even if your home has been invaded, and you make multiple calls begging for help, and the police bungle the response according to their own standards) you are required to help them in certain circumstances, and it's a federal and state crime in many states to fail to do so. "ask not what your country can do for you..", eh?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refusi...police_officer

As for the business thing, I don't see how it'll fly, legally. Not the govt, not a protected class...maybe if it's the only grocery store within 50 miles, so it kinda becomes a mandatory place to go?

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries